If you have a Colorado driver’s license or ID card issued by the Department of Revenue, you may register to vote, change your address, update your voter registration or check the status of your registration online at www.govotecolorado.com.
Fill out a paper Voter Registration Form (PDF), sign the form and return it to the Arapahoe County Elections Division with a photocopy of your ID. See Acceptable Forms of Identification. Do not enclose original identification documents.
Return Completed Forms by:
- Email attachment to: email@example.com
- Mail or deliver to: Arapahoe County Elections Division, 5334 South Prince Street, Littleton, CO 80120
- Fax: 303-794-4625
A Voter Confirmation Card will be mailed to you approximately 2-3 weeks after your application form is processed.
- At least 16 years of age; (You must be 18 years of age by the date of the election in order to vote.)
- A citizen of the United States; and
- A resident of the State of Colorado and Arapahoe County and consider this your sole legal place of residence.
No person while serving a sentence of detention or confinement in a correctional facility, jail, or other location for a felony conviction or while serving a sentence of parole shall be eligible to register to vote or to vote in any election.
You must submit an acceptable form of identification when you register to vote or when voting for the first time in Colorado.
You are exempt from providing identification if you meet one of the following qualifications:
- 65 years of age or older when you registered
- Have a physical disability
- Member, spouse or dependent of an active uniform service or merchant marine absent from the county on Election Day
- Living outside the United States but eligible to vote in Colorado
- 22 Days before Election Day if you register to vote through a voter registration drive or a Voter Registration Agency
- 8 Days before Election Day if you register to vote by mail or online at www.govotecolorado.com and wish to receive a mail ballot
- By 7 p.m. on Election Day, visit one of the Voter Service and Polling Centers in your county to register to vote and request a ballot
Voter registration records are public records, although personal information contained in voter registration records remains private.
The information that is public includes includes the voter’s full name; residential address; party affiliation and date of affiliation; phone number (if provided by the voter); gender; birth year; and, information about whether the voter has voted in prior elections.
Personal information that remains private includes the voter’s drivers license number, full date of birth, email address and social security number.
A voter may request that their address be kept confidential if the voter has reason to believe that he or she, or a member of his or her household, will be exposed to criminal harassment or bodily harm (section 24-72-204(3.5)(b), C.R.S.), or if a registered voter has enrolled in Colorado’s Address Confidentiality Program (sections 24-30-2101 to -2115, C.R.S.) To request that your address be confidential under the first criteria, you must visit one of our Clerk and Recorder branch offices. Bring $5 cash or check for the statutorily required processing fee.
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law that ensures military and citizens living oversees are able to register and vote in federal elections. UOCAVA voters have an extended timeframe and convenient options to receive and return a ballot. Learn about voter services for military and overseas citizens.
Complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) online or download and print the fillable PDF version and return it to the Arapahoe County Clerk to register as a UOCAVA voter. We encourage overseas and military voters to to submit a new FPCA every year and when they move. Return the form by mail, fax or email to:
- Email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail or in-person: Arapahoe County Elections Division, 5334 South Prince Street, Littleton, CO 80120
- Fax: 303-795-4712