- At least 16 years of age; (You must be 18 years of age by the date of the election in order to vote.)
- A citizen of the United States; and
- A resident of the State of Colorado and Arapahoe County and consider this your sole legal place of residence.
No person while serving a sentence of detention or confinement in a correctional facility, jail, or other location for a felony conviction or while serving a sentence of parole shall be eligible to register to vote or to vote in any election.
To register to vote by text, use a smartphone and text the word “Colorado” or “CO” to “2Vote” (28683). A text will be sent to the smartphone with a link to the online voter registration and election information website. Click on the link and follow the directions.
Return Completed Forms to:
Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office
Attn: Elections Division
5334 South Prince Street
Littleton, CO 80120
A Voter Confirmation Card will be mailed to you approximately 2-3 weeks after your application form is processed.
*Identification Exemptions: You are exempt from providing identification if you meet one of the following qualifications:
- 65 years of age or older when you registered
- Have a physical disability
- Member, spouse or dependent of an active uniform service or merchant marine absent from the county on Election Day
- Living outside the United States but eligible to vote in Colorado
- You may request and submit a Voter Registration Form at any office of a County Clerk and Recorder, City or Town Clerk, High School, or at any Colorado Driver’s License Office. See Addresses for Voter Registration Agencies.
- You may register to vote in-person through a voter registration drive in your community.
- You may also register to vote in-person and cast a ballot at any one of Arapahoe County’s Voter Service and Polling Centers during an election cycle. Date and hours vary.
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law that ensures military and citizens living oversees are able to register and vote in federal elections. UOCAVA voters have an extended timeframe and convenient options to receive and return a ballot. Learn about voter services for military and overseas citizens.
Complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) online or download and print the fillable PDF version and return it to the Arapahoe County Clerk to register as a UOCAVA voter. We encourage overseas and military voters to to submit a new FPCA every year and when they move. Return the form by mail, fax or email to:
Arapahoe County Clerk & Recorder
5334 S. Prince St
Littleton CO 80120
- 22 Days before Election Day if you register to vote through a voter registration drive or a Voter Registration Agency
- 8 Days before Election Day if you register to vote by mail or online through www.govotecolorado.com and wish to receive a ballot by mail
- By 7 p.m. on Election Day, visit one of the Voter Service and Polling Centers in your county to register to vote in-person and request a ballot.