Several Arapahoe County facilities will be closed to the public Nov. 8 Election Day, with the exception of election-related services.
The Board of County Commissioners approved the Election Day closure of the Administration Building in Littleton, CentrePoint Plaza in Aurora and Lima Plaza campus in Centennial at the request of Clerk and Recorder Matt Crane. These facilities will operate only as Voter Service and Polling Centers and ballot drop-off locations from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. In addition, all Clerk and Recorder branches will be closed Nov. 8, and will reopen to the public at 10 a.m., Nov. 9.
These closures are intended to free up parking spaces for voters and enable employees to assist with Election Day, when voter turnout is expected to be high. County employees at these facilities will report to work as scheduled and may be called upon to help with election tasks if necessary.
The following buildings will be closed Nov. 8, except for election services:
- County Administration Building at 5334 S. Prince St., Littleton, including the Assessor, Treasurer and Commissioners’ Offices, and the Clerk and Recorder’s Motor Vehicle, Driver’s License, Passport and Recording services. In addition, the Board of County Commissioners has canceled its Nov. 8 public meeting and study sessions. The lobby will be open as a Voter Service and Polling Center.
- CentrePoint Plaza at 14980 E. Alameda Dr., Aurora, including Human Services. The main level will be open as a Voter Service and Polling Center.
- Lima Plaza at 6924-6964 S. Lima St., Centennial, which includes the Arapahoe/Douglas Works! Workforce Center, Clerk and Recorder Branch, Public Works and Development, Open Spaces and Judicial Services. Probation Services will be open for normal business. The Clerk and Recorder Branch will be open only as a Voter Service and Polling Center, and will resume normal operations at 10 a.m., Nov. 9.
- Clerk and Recorder Aurora Branch at 490 S. Chambers Road, Aurora will be closed except for a drive-up ballot drop-off, and will reopen at 10 a.m., Nov. 9.
- Clerk and Recorder Byers Branch at 538 N Hwy 36, Byers will be closed, and will reopen at 10 a.m., Nov. 9. The nearest Voter Service and Polling Center and ballot box location is Kelver Library.
Voters must be in line at a ballot box or Voter Service and Polling Center by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to cast their ballot.
All other County buildings will be open to the public as normal Nov. 8, including the Sheriff’s Administration and Coroner’s Facility in Centennial, the Human Services satellite office at Arapahoe Plaza in Littleton, and the Arapahoe/Douglas Works! satellite office at Altura Plaza in Aurora.
To access County services during the closures, please call 303-795-4400 or visit www.arapahoegov.com.
Media Contact: Haley McKean, Communication and Public Information Manager to the Clerk and Recorder, 303-726-6608