Run for Office
The Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office oversees ballot access for candidates interested in running for County elected offices, including Assessor, Clerk and Recorder, Commissioner, Coroner, Sheriff and Treasurer. There are no Arapahoe County offices up for election in 2019.
Running for County Office
- First, read our Candidate Information Guide: How to Run for County Office and determine how you plan to get your name on the ballot.
- Next, you will use our Candidate Forms to accept a designation from a political party, start a petition or file as a write-in candidate.
- Then, please review the Campaign Finance Manual and requirements for Campaign Finance Reporting for all candidates in Colorado.
For more information, please call the Arapahoe County Elections Division at 303-795-4511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running for City or Town, School District, Special District or Statewide Offices
Arapahoe County does not oversee ballot access for candidates in federal, state, municipal, special district or school district elections.
- If you are considering running for elected office in a municipality, special district or school district within our county, please contact the designated election official in that jurisdiction for information and procedures. See our Candidate Information Guide for current contact information.
- If you are considering running for a statewide office, such as Governor, Secretary of State, Treasurer, State Attorney, House or Senate in the Colorado General Assembly, or for a District Court Judge or District Attorney seat, please contact your political party and/or the Colorado Secretary of State for information and procedures. See our Candidate Information Guide for current contact information.